Friday, May 2, 2008

Caymanian Wedding Traditions

Many of my couples reach me through referrals, like this one referred by a doctor friend. If you have had a good experience using the services of Cayman Weddings/Simply Weddings I hope you will tell your friends.



Couples often ask me whether they can include some local traditions in their wedding. Of course you can! Below is one of these traditions I like to use.

First of all, if you are having champagne to toast each other, the bridegroom must always open the bottle , and pour a glass for his wife and himself. Then I like to have them link arms, holding their glasses, and sip, and kiss. Sometimes this needs to be several kisses, to get the right shot! Then I like to take the champagne cork, split it, insert a Cayman coin, and add the date. Voila! A souvenir of your first drink together as husband and wife!

After the signing is over, I present the couple with their signed Marriage Certificate, and announce them as "The Newly-weds, Mr and Mrs........." This rather nice shot is from the wedding of a very lovely couple yesterday. Vacationing from Kankakee,Illinois and staying at Morritts Tortuga they chose "Aunt Julia's Beach" in West Bay for their simple, but special ceremony.

Fevi liked the effect of my lime-green and aqua outfit against the water, and even got me to take off my sunglasses. A wedding is such a special occassion, and as you can see, I love what I do. My aim is to make sure your entire experience is positive, and that Grand Cayman will always have a special place in your heart.

For a truly memorable experience in the unforgetable Cayman Islands, call me at (345)5256551 or email mywedding@candw.ky

No comments: