As a wedding planner and celebrant I am very aware of the huge percentage of wedding proposals made and accepted in those magical days between 25 December - 1 January. In fact I have already booked two weddings for this red-letter day. In a few weeks time all the wedding slots for Saturday, 14 February 2009 for both Simply Weddings and Cayman Weddings, my parent company will be filled.
This Valentine's Day is likely to be very busy for Cayman Islands wedding professionals because it falls on a Saturday, the most popular day for weddings among the resident population.
Here are 9 tips for a Valentine's Day 2009 Destination Wedding in the Cayman Islands.
1. Book as early as possible. Most companies require a deposit to book your day and time.
2. Use a wedding planner, she knows local vendors and conditions.
3. Choose a local photographer, and ask to see his/her work.
4. Pick your bridal flowers early, most Valentine's Day florals MUST be ordered 2 -3 weeks in
5. Check whether your wedding planner has a refund policy, just in case of any last minute
6. Get to know your wedding planner and Marriage Officer, it's your day and it should be your
7. Pay attention to the legal requirements of your Cayman Islands marriage, make sure you
have the proper documentation to ensure the legality of your marriage worldwide.
8. Make sure your Marriage Officer arranges to send you your Registered Marriage Certificate,
the legal document you need when you get back home, once your marriage has been filed
with the Cayman Islands public records office.
9. Tell all and sundry you're getting married and expect that everybody you meet is going to be extra nice and extra helpful - everybody loves a bride.
And have fun, weddings are supposed to be fun!
image by Marcus Montana
St Valentine's Day is also a popular day for Wedding Vow renewal ceremonies. Whether you're celebrating 5, or 50 years together you deserve to mark this momentous occasion in your married life. Had a simple registry office wedding at home? Make your dream of a Caribbean Wedding Celebration come true with my Cayman Wedding Blessing Ceremony, and get the pictures! Destination Cruise Wedding, Wedding Vow Renewal and Wedding Blessing special available for all ceremonies booked by 19 January 2009 for 2009 Cayman Islands visitor weddings. Some conditions apply, including deposits by 30 April, 2009. (Please note I perform only one cruise wedding per day, to give you my full attention) Call me now (345)525-6551 to book your Cayman Islands beach wedding in 2009. or email email@example.com