Sunday, June 7, 2009

Another Reading for your Cayman Wedding Ceremony

I used the reading from Captain Corelli's Mandolin for the first time for the couple below. It was given to me by my good friend Dr Judith Gates, who I asked to be a witness for this couple. Judith actually got this reading from another friend, Wendy Medd's daughter's wedding. I thought it was so perfect for this couple, and they agreed. When I get around to planning my own 40th Anniversary Wedding Vow Renewal (I have 3 years lead time!) this is what I'm going to use.
From "Captain Corelli's Mandolin" by Louis Bernieres

"Love is a temporary madness
It erupts like volcanoes
and then subsides.
And when it subsides you have to make a decision
You have to work out whether your roots have so
entertwined together
That it is inconcievable that you should ever part
Because this is what love is.
Love is not breathlessness
It is not excitement
It is not the promulgation of eternal passion
That is just being "in love"which any fool can do.
Love is what is left over when being in love has burned away
And this is both an art and a fortunate accident.
Those that truly love have roots that grow towards each other
Underground
And when the pretty blossoms have fallen from their branches
They find that they are one tree, and not two".

The words of your Wedding and Vow Renewal ceremony should mean something special to you. I provide you with scripts and readings, prayers if requested, Memory vase, and whatever you need to make your wedding in the Cayman Islands an unforgettable event. Start planning early, and I will ensure that all the details for your spectacular special day are in place. Contact Joy at www.cayman-islands-weddings.ky or call her at (345)949-9933.

No comments: