Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Lucky 09/09/09 Grand Cayman Wedding Day for VA Cruisers

The second biggest day for weddings for the year 2009 is over. (The biggest day of the year is always St Valentine's Day) It was a long day for me and I was happy to get home and put my feet up.

The couple below were the first wedding of the day, and it took place at My Secret Cove. I know there were at least four cruise weddings, since I met three other marriage officers down at the marriage bureau getting their Special Marriage Licenses.

I had a lot of fun with this couple, who are from Virginia traveling on one of the Carnival fun ships out of Ft. Lauderdale.

We snapped some photos in the garden of the Simply weddings office, under the palm trees.

98 degrees in the shade at My SecretCove

We got to the beach by 10 a.m. and it was virtually deserted, unusual when there are three cruise ships in port. These are the unofficial photos with my Olympus FE 370, the official photos were by Bobby of Island Photo and I will post them when I get them in a few days.

My wedding co-ordinator Peggy is away for the week, and sitting at her desk I realise I can see the cruise ships in the harbour. I thought that was really cool. You can see one of them in the background of this picture taken in the Simply Weddings garden.


Trisha's Roses did an especially nice job today, adding some cybidium orchids to the bride's bouquet. I told her she should put one in her hair when she dresses for dinner aboard the ship tonight.

Other weddings today, a resident couple at the Commonwealth, and a Caymanian bride and her Indian groom at the new Cotton Tree Resort. I was blown away by this fabulous property, and I know the pictures by Rebecca Davidson of Picture This will be stunning. I hope to be able to share some of these photos with you in the coming days.

Call me to perform your special wedding ceremony, (345) 9499933, whether it is a simple cruise wedding or an elaborate soiree Simply Weddings is your answer for the wedding day of your dreams.

No comments: