Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Grand Cayman Sunset Wedding was a Family Affair

A few years ago when I decided to open my own wedding company in the Cayman Islands, my goal was to create a business which would offer simple, personalised weddings which would touch the hearts of the Bride and Groom and create a lasting memory for their guests, and themselves.

I officiate a lot of weddings, over 150 so far in 2009, but every wedding is special to me whether it costs thousands of dollars, or a couple of hundred. I particularly enjoy celebrating weddings which include children, because as a wife, mother and grandmother I think it is important for children to experience the beauty of a wedding ceremony, and understand the importance of the commitment two people are making to each other and their families.


This couple were here staying in a condo on Seven Mile Beach, but chose Smith's Cove at sunset as the spot for their "Tropical Slendour" wedding package.


The wedding ceremony I use was written by my father, Vernon Jackson and is very special to me. I will usually give me overseas guests a copy of their wedding script so they will have a record of the vows they said to each other.

Part of the "toasting" ritual is to give the Bride and Groom the cork from the bottle of champagne used in their first drink together as husband and wife. I split the cork, write the date and insert a Cayman Islands coin. The champagne used is "Simply Weddings Bubbly", which is made and labeled for me by Cayman Corker, a wine and beer boutique here in Cayman.


When I know that children are included in the wedding party I provide a bottle of non-alcoholic sparkling cider so that they can be included in the toasting.


The Bride and the Best-man


The end of a special wedding day in the Cayman Islands. Thank you for making me part of it.

Ceremony by Joy for Simply Weddings - Grand Cayman Wedding Celebrants and Planners, flowers by Trisha's Roses, photos by Mari Abe of Island Photo. Shot at Smith's Cove, George Town, Grand Cayman one of our many popular wedding beaches.

No comments: