Sunday, September 26, 2010

Thunder Bay Couple tie the Knot in Grand Cayman

This couple have recently arrived with their son, to live and work in Grand Cayman. They were referred to me by another couple I had married recently. Because they are residents, they had to be married by Banns, and not a Special Marriage License.

Getting married by Banns, means that the couple must come in and see me for an interview and to provide the documentation necessary for their Cayman Islands wedding. The Banns must be published, in this case outside my Registry Office for 7 clear days.

This is the basic difference between a visitor wedding, and a resident's wedding. Whether you live here, or are visiting you still have to get a Registered Marriage Certificate, and in the case of clients who are married by Special Marriage License, my company gets this and mails it to you as part of your Cayman wedding package.



This afternoon at My Secret Cove

Saying their vows

Signing the Marriage Register


The wedding was witnessed by a Guyanese couple I had married last December. Since this couple knew limited people, I was happy that we managed to get another of my couples to be the witnesses required by law.

Joy congratulates the newly-weds


Please visit my website at www.cayman-islands-weddings.com to see lots of weddings and to book your wedding with Simply Weddings today.

No comments: