Friday, October 31, 2008

Lakeland Couples' Smiles Push Storm Clouds Away

This Lakeland Fl. bride had her Destination Cruise Wedding booked months in advance, so I was disappointed when I woke up and found that a strong cold front with strong winds and rain had come in overnight. A look at the Port Authority's web-cam confirmed that all the cruise ships due in that day would be at the Spotts landing. This would put an hour or so extra time on getting the paperwork done, but I was more concerned that the wedding would have to be moved to a nearby church. Fortunately the weather cooperated and she got her Beach Wedding as planned.

This couple was very laid back, and relaxed and that made the wedding very enjoyable for all of us. We were fortunate to get a break in the clouds, and complete the ceremony before the rain started again.

Here are the rings on my new Starfish, being used here for the very first time. This properly cured Starfish was given to me by one of my dearest friends, so it holds a lot of love.



We found some shade and also cut down on the wind which was blowing at 20 knots, a real Caymanian nor'wester.

This was taken at the West Bay Public Beach. I guess we could have used these blue cabanas if the rain had threatened to drench us.
It wouldn't be a tropical island without a few coconut trees, now would it?

Ceremony by Joy of Weddings, arrangements by Cayman Weddings. flowers by Trisha's Roses, photography by Margo of Picture This. Call me for your Destination Cruise Wedding in the Cayman Islands today, (345) 5256551

No comments: