Saturday, November 1, 2008

Laughing in the Rain!


Because I am used to so much sunshine, sometimes I forget how wet it can be particularly in November. This week it seemed like the rain would go on forever, even though it was a dry night for trick-or-treating with the grand kids last night. The weather seemed to play a particularly bad trick on this Texan couple, here just for the weekend and staying at the Ritz Carlton who had their wedding scheduled for sunset on 1 November.

As we drove down to West Bay I was on the phone working out Plan B, and when we arrived at the beach it seemed certain that the nuptials would have to be postponed. Fortunately we had veteran photographer Marcos Montana who has shooting our weddings for the last 20 years and has pretty much seen it all where weddings are concerned. Since the chance of rain for the next day was 60% the couple gave us the go ahead to proceed rain or shine.



The Groom saved the day by arriving in a stretch limosine! This was a Plan B I had not even considered, but it worked just fine. The weather held up for the 10 minutes or so I need to do the ceremony. I pronounced them man and wife under a broad umbrella, and then there was a mad dash back to the limo for champagne.

This couple wrote their own wedding vows, and I will share them here because I thought they were very special.

I Groom/Bride, take you, Groom/Bride to be my wife/husband , my friend, and my love. On this day I affirm the relationship we have enjoyed, looking to the future to deepen and strengthen it. I will be yours in plenty and in want, in sickness and in health, in failure and in triumph. Together we will dream, will stumble but restore each other, we will share all things, serving each other and our fellow humanity. I will cherish and respect you, comfort and encourage you, be open with you, and stay with you as long as we shall live, freed and bound by our Love. "


The future looks bright for this lovely couple, and I hope today's rain will prove to be showers of blessing.






Ceremony by Joy of Weddings, arrangements by Cayman Weddings, flowers by Trisha's Roses, photography by Marcos Montana. Call me at (345)5256551 0r (345)926-9933 t0 arrange your wedding in Cayman today. We cater for both visitor and resident weddings. Visitor weddings can be done the same day with proper documentation, resident weddings require at least 8 days waiting time for the publication of the Banns of Marriage.

No comments: