Monday, November 10, 2008

Grand Cayman is Fine! Cayman Brac not so lucky.

This couple had planned a big wedding for today but had to postpone, so they did the legal part in my garden and will have the Wedding Blessing in two weeks time when I get back from my trip.

Dear Friends,

Thanks for your emails etc. We are all fine in Grand Cayman. I took the grand-kids out this morning and checked George Town and all the beaches I use for my weddings. George Town is fine, shops are open, at least one cruise ship is in the harbour, the sun is shining. I went to see the beaches, Smith's Cove, Governor's and Blue Water and everything is good and the beach crews haven't even been out to sweep them yet.

I am doing a wedding today in my garden, and I anticipate it is going to be sunny and not too hot. I have a cruise wedding tomorrow at Blue Water for a couple plus a small group and I am expecting it to be a beautiful day.

I am saddened to say that our sister island of Cayman Brac has been hit very hard with 90% of roofs sustaining damage. Ironically Hurricane Paloma hit Cayman Brac 76 years to the day after the 1932 hurricane in which 0ver 110 people died. Fortunately there has been no loss of life this time and I have not heard of injury. We continue to pray for all our family and friends in Cayman Brac and Little Cayman. The people of Grand Cayman are rallying round to send supplies, man power and money to help. We expect that many of the 1200 people in Cayman Brac will move to Grand Cayman to stay with friends and family at least temporarily.

I am hoping to post two weddings I did the day before Hurricane Paloma, tomorrow.

I will be off island for one week starting November 12. You can still reach me at mywedding@candw.ky or call me at (345)525-6551 / (345) 926-9933.

Cheers

Joy



No comments: