Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Cayman Cruise Elopement - What the Doctor ordered!

Today the temperature in Minnesota was 40 below, but this Wayzata physician and her salesman husband-to-be were more than warm in the 80 degree Cayman weather when they accompanied me to pick up their Special Marriage License. Despite a small hitch, this adventure loving duo were unfazed and totally confident everything was aligned to make their marriage happen.

The couple met and fell in love attending a friend's wedding in Hawaii and wanted a Caribbean
wedding while cruising on the Ruby Princess. They picked the wedding-friendly Cayman Islands for their very simple, no frills ceremony. Of course, I took them to My Secret Cove.

If a place can hold "happy vibes" then this tranquil spot has them. Every time I share it with someone I listen for their little gasp of delight that such a spot exists. This couple was no exception.
Standing barefoot and letting the waves wash their footprints away, as I announce they are "husband and wife."
We rounded up some cruise visitors from another beach to be witness and photographer.
Here we all are, the couple, Joy and the reluctant photographer and witness, aka my husband.

Of course we had to have the "proof" shot for family and friends at home in Minnesota, who are about to be surprised. So everything ended well and happily thanks to a good-friend and Kinkos, and this couple got their simple wedding in the Cayman Islands, and later today will continue their honeymoon cruise.

Call me for your own simple Cayman wedding, standing barefoot in the sand. Call (345)5256551 or email me at mywedding@candw.ky

No comments: