Thursday, January 1, 2009

Starfish Point New Year's Wedding for Utah Couple

When this Salt Lake City couple, staying at The Reef Resort in East End with a family group of 18, contacted me about a New Year's Day wedding they requested Rum Point, but I realised that on a public holiday the beach at Rum Point would be teeming with people and recommended Starfish Point on Ivory Kai instead. I was influenced by the fact that the bride's three young children would enjoy this tranquil and beautiful spot. In 14 years as a Marriage Officer I have only done 3 weddings at this spot, yet it my favourite place in the whole Cayman Islands.

Looking for Starfish!

I think it's very important to include children in the festivities.

Sparkling white grape juice was provided for the children. This little girl is holding a Sand Dollar, I gave each child one as a souvenir of the day.

Caymanian tradition says only the groom should open that first all important bottle of champagne! Of course the cork must be found and saved, even if it means jumping into the water.
Looking at the proof after being congratulated and announced by their Marriage Officer.

The newly-weds (far left) pose with the whole gang. The groom's mother and father are to the far right. They told me that this wedding coming at the end of a family vacation was a complete surprise. Yes, a great time was had by all. Happy New Year!

Call me for your own 2009 wedding. wedding blessing, or wedding vow renewal and create your own memories of an unforgettable vacation in the Cayman Islands.
Call Joy at (345)5256551 or email mywedding@candw.ky

No comments: