Sunday, August 16, 2009

"Joy" gets 20,000 visits for Cayman Wedding Blog

Joy and husband at a recent wedding


The site-meter function one of my kids installed for me is very useful, since I use it to see whether my readers are finding what I have to say interesting. It is almost two years since I started blogging in September '07. Of course in the early days I had no idea what I was doing, and didn't even know how to upload pictures. It wasn't until about 6 months later that I started blogging and capturing some of my weddings on camera.

These last few months have been very interesting for me. I uploaded my first video to my blog, (95% of the credit goes to one of my grooms, but I will learn), I joined Facebook, I joined Twitter, I am learning how to use Digg and Tecnocrati, and I am using Addictomatic and Stumble Upon.
I can update my web-site if I really wanted to, it has a Joomla platform.

On June 1st I opened the Simply Weddings office and bride's room at 306 North Church Street which is just a stone's throw from the Rayal Watler cruise landing and is perfect for the many cruise weddings I perform each year. My wedding coordinator is Peggy Moorhead, and I am so lucky to have her.

Also, last week I performed my first wedding outside the Cayman Islands, which was a trip, really it was. I am working on another blog which I am going to launch, and which is not about weddings but about writing, including stories and poems I have written at some time in my life, at least I think that's what it will be about.

I am a fortunate woman and I thank the Lord every day for all He has given me, and especially for the ability and authority to bring happiness to others through my Civil Registrar of Marriages practice.

I hope if you have just visited my blog for the first time you will come back, and for those visitors who I have met personally or married, I do wish you rich blessings of health and happiness, and come on back to the beautiful Cayman Islands and see us.

2 comments:

Jesse said...

WOW "Joy" are you sure you didn't get a degree in I.T.? Addictomatic, Stumble Upon, JOOMLA! You are way to advanced for me now! Congratulations on 200,000 visitors!! I check your blog every week and it gets better and better. Love, your son

The Joy of Weddings said...

Thanks sweetie, remember when you told me not to depend on you, I could learn to do all this myself? Well, I took you seriously and found out I CAN do it myself. Love and miss you and can't wait to visit New Zealand.

M